A glance of District Agriculture Development Office Anjaw under Department of Agriculture
Functioning of Agriculture Department in Anjaw district started w.e.f 1st April 2006 subsequent to bifurcation of Anjaw from Lohit district and being run earlier from office of District Agriculture Officer Tezu . Department of Agriculture Anjaw has made inroads encouraging farmers for adaptation of new technologies and scientific cultivation practices under state and centrally sponsored schemes.
Activities of Agriculture Department
Major State Sponsored Schemes:-
- Cash Crop Development Programme:-Under this scheme winter potato is provided to the farmers of this District during Sept-Oct. Winter and summer vegetable seeds are also provided in season under this scheme.
- State Food Security Programme:- Under this scheme paddy and maize seeds are provided to farmers in subsidy.
- Integrated Nutrient Management Programme:-Soil nutrients in organic form are provided to farmers in subsidy.
- Integrated Pest Management Programme:-Bio-pesticides, bio-fungicides are provided under this scheme at subsidy.
- Chief Minister’s Agriculture Mechanization Programme
- Chief Minister’s Krishi Rinn Yojna
Major Central Sponsored Schemes.
- Agriculture Technology Management Agency (ATMA):-Activating Women Food Security Groups in the district has become an important function of ATMA activities since 2014-15.
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikash Yojana (RKVY)
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
- National Mission on Oil Seed and Oil Palm (NMOOP)
- Sub-Mission on Agriculture Mechanization
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture(NMSA)
- Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) Anjaw:-APMC Anjaw was separated from Lohit during 2008-09. Anjaw District is the largest grower of large cardamom – for its marketing etc. APMC is required to issue permits/lessees / transit passes. Traders are facilitated in marketing they produce to outside states and finally for export.
- Assessment of crop losses due to Natural Calamity:- High slope mountain of the District are the hindrances in higher production and productivity. The top soil of the farmer’s field is always found washed away by heavy rain resulting in landslides and runoff. Agriculture Department helps the farmers in crop loss assessment during field crop loss due to natural calamity.
- Crop cutting survey / Agriculture census:- Under programmes of Govt. Department is to conduct crop cutting survey of Rabi, Kharif crops which gives the data of crop production and productivity.
- Agriculture census :- conducted in every 5 (five) years to give the better land use statistics of the district.
- Kisan Credit Card(KCC) loans :- The department helps and assists farmers in getting KCC loans from the Banks by preparing schemes etc.
- Exhibition Stalls :- During Republic and Independence Day Department displays exhibition stalls in almost all circle headquarters of the District. This shows an idea about the type and quality of crop and fruit production of the area.
|Name of the Blocks||Type of crops||Cultural Waste(ha)||Net sown area (ha)||Permanent pasture & other grazing land (ha)|
|Hayuliang||Cereals , pulses , oilseed & cash crops||514.5||1819.41||125.02|
|Manchal||Cereals ,pulses ,oilseed & cash crop||496.3||1257.40||98.09|
|Chaglagam||Cereals , pulese ,oilseed & cash crop||369.754||706.722||189.7|
|Hawai-Walong||Cereals , pulses , oilseed & cash crop||506.28||2026.61||267.7|
|Name of the Block||Crops||Area (Ha)||Season||Production||Productivity|
|Hawai-Walong||Paddy||1124||Kharif||304 for irrigated & 1125 for rainfed||17 for irrigation & 11 for rainfed|
|Name of the Block||Types of Soil||Special crops in farm/unit under Department|
|Hayuliang||Loamy, Loamy Sand||Nil|
|Manchal||Loamy and Loamy sand||Nil|
|Hawai-Walong||Loamy, Loamy sand and Sandy loam||Nil|