DISTRICT PLANNING OFFICE , ANJAW
The District Planning Office/ Machinery have been created in the District under the Deputy Commissioner and is headed by The District Planning Officer (DPO) as the Head of Office, appointed by Planning Department. Under the District Planning Officer ,there are also Research Officer, Senior Research Assistant, Research Assistant and Ministerial Staffs appointed by the Planning Department/Deputy Commissioner. In Arunachal Pradesh the District Planning Machineries are in infant stage, hence there is lacking of manpower and the work assigned cannot be carried out effectively and efficiently.
The Duties, Function , Role of District Planning Offices:-
The main duties and function of District Planning Office are as follows:-
- To convene meeting of the District Level Monitoring Committee meeting at least once in three months and to pursue the recommendations of such meetings with the concerned Departments of the state Government and other agencies; Various development activities carried out by all departments are discuss and reviewed in the meeting.
- To help the district authority in preparation of District Annual Plans under BADP for the districts and to place the same before the Stare Screening Committee for consideration before submission to Central Government.
- To monitor the implementation of various schemes in the districts in general, to identify the limiting factors in the implementation of plan schemes and to place the matter before the District Authority and State Government with specific suggestions for ensuring speedy and efficient implementation of plan schemes.
- To compile and consolidate quarterly progress reports of district-level plan schemes.
- To take up such other activities as may be assigned to them from time to time by the district authority and by the Government.
- To perform all other functions as assigned to them by Government: and
- To ensure co-ordination among all District Heads of Departments in t he implementation of plan schemes through monitoring process.
- Looking after the sanctioning process, maintenance of records etc. under BADP, MLALAD ,MPLAD and united fund etc..
- Maintain of Photographs of Various schemes implemented in the District.
- Co-ordinate among the agencies and the third party monitoring visited in the District.
District Planning Officer
Anjaw District , Hawai