Hawai, the District Headquarter of Anjaw district is situated on the left bank of Lohit River. According to Kaman Mishmi dialect Hawai means ‘pond’ and testimony to the name is an Acre of land in the centre of Hawai earlier a pond and now being used for perennial paddy cum pisciculture. A beautiful township located at a height of 1296 metres above sea level above the roaring Lohit River, the town is connected by a cable suspension bridge popularly known as the Anjaw bridge. The Anjaw bridge at Chequinty on the Lohit connecting Hawai with the main BRTF road is an engineering marvel and the bridge adds to the beauty of the place. It is a motorable cable suspension bridge with span of 156.55m , one of the longest in North Eastern Region. The beautiful scene of the Lohit valley and the commanding height of the township makes Hawai one of the most beautiful places in Arunachal Pradesh.
How to Reach:
New Tinsukia Jn.
Tinsukia via Tezu via Hayuliang